+61 08 80913310

Tibooburra Hotel – “The Two Storey”

The Tibooburra Hotel is a tastefully renovated 138-year-old country hotel. Built during the 1880’s Gold Rush from locally quarried Sandstone the Hotel still stands today as an oasis in the harsh outback of NSW. ‘The Two Storey” as it is locally known is a must visit for all outback travellers and adventurers.

With Pristine Sandstone walls, Timber Beams, Gold in the bar, award winning food (SMH Good Food Guide), sparkling clean & comfortable accommodation and good ol’ country hospitality from your hosts, Tibooburra locals Tracey & Craig Hotchin, the Tibooburra Hotel is a ‘must’ visit or stay, while in the ‘corner country’.

Tibooburra Accommodation

At the Tibooburra Hotel we have 7 upstairs, fully renovated rooms that are clean and comfortable.

With prices starting from $80 / night we offer, Single (Double Bed), Couples, Twin and Family rooms. All rooms have Sandstone Walls, access to the Verandah, reverse cycle air-conditioning and Flatscreen TV’s.

The PUB with GOLD in the BAR

The beautiful Tibooburra Hotel is over 130 years old and is built from Sandstone quarried in Tibooburra.

Originally Tibooburra was a gold-rush town when gold was discovered early in the 1880s in the region known as the Albert Goldfields. Watch the video below to see inside our beautifully renovated and historic Hotel and the ‘Famous’ Gold in the Bar.

Serving Lunch & Dinner 7 days

Enjoy our award winning food 7 days a week. Lunch from 12 – 2pm and Dinner from 6 – 9pm.

The Tibooburra Hotel serves tasty fresh meals from our seasonal menu, with daily specials, friendly country service, Alfresco dining (weather permitting) in an old-world pub atmosphere.

Barista coffee, tea’s and cake served all day.

Exploring Tibooburra Hotel

The Tibooburra Hotel is an elegant two-storey sandstone building on the corner of Briscoe and Wills Street. It is the oldest of the two hotels left remaining in Tibooburra and was built of locally cut sandstone in 1882. The sandstone was transported to town by horse and cart and then hand-cut and hand- chipped to form the beautiful stone structure which remains today.